Born from an audacious challenge, Qwant is the first search engine to develop a genuine alternative on the European online search market.
What makes us unique is that we don’t track our users, we know nothing about each of them, and still, we aim to help them find what they are looking for on the Internet.
Ambitious, isn’t it?
Today, after a successful fundraising, we are looking for new talents to help us make the Web.
If you want your work to actually mean something and help millions of users, if you think that privacy matters even when you have “nothing to hide”, if you like to be challenged and you are not afraid of failure, then we might have a few things in common.
Within a human-sized cross-skills agile squad, operating as a mini-startup inside Qwant, you will work as a React Native developer.
You will be expected to:
- Work within a multidisciplinary team (data engineer, developer, designer, biz dev, director of ethics, etc.) to develop prototypes and proof of concepts
- Develop and maintain future Qwant mobile applications:
- Quick search
- Personal data management
- Any idea you might have!
- Design beautiful, robust, reusable, and efficient software that scale
Of course, you will always be able to count on the help of your fellow mates.
Expected skills and experience
- Excellent knowledge in React Native
- Ability to KISS (Keep It Short and Simple)
- Team player with a positive mindset
- Fluent in English or French (any other language is a plus)
More information about the job
- The job is located in Paris. We think that it is important that all members of a squad work together in the same place
- You would start as soon as you are available
- Compensation will be based on your profile and experience
If you feel like you are a good match for this position, please send us your resume!
If your profile meets our expectations, we will first organize a quick call to get to know each other.
Then you will be offered to have an on-site interview, to get a chance to meet a few of your future colleagues. If you can’t make it to one of our offices, don’t worry, you will be given an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and logic on Skype.