Born from an audacious challenge, Qwant is the first search engine to develop a genuine alternative on the European online search market.
What makes us unique is that we don’t track our users, we know nothing about each of them, and still, we aim to help them find what they are looking for on the Internet.
Ambitious, isn’t it?
Today, after a successful fundraising, we are looking for new talents to help us make the Web.
If you want your work to actually mean something and help millions of users, if you think that privacy matters even when you have “nothing to hide”, if you like to be challenged and you are not afraid of failure, then we might have a few things in common.
Within a human-sized cross-skills agile squad, operating as a mini-startup inside Qwant, you will work as a QA Software Engineer.
You will be expected to:
- Tool-up the QA community and spread good practices to the squads
- Improve the CI chain to fit developers requirements
- Design and optimize robust test plans for new features and bug fixes
- Spread testing and QA good practices to the product squads
- Define code quality metrics and provide reporting for Test Coverage, Static analysis, Dependencies management
- Monitor the software quality KPIs over the different testing phases
- Working close to the sea and mountains, under the sun of the French Riviera
Of course, you will always be able to count on the help of your fellow mates.
Expected skills and experience
- Strong knowledge of test frameworks and continuous integration platforms
- Experience using automation and test case management tools
- Demonstrate excellent skills in programming
- Ability to build tools with exigent developers
- Attention to detail and remarkable problem-solving skills
- Ability to KISS (Keep It Short and Simple)
- Be humble, motivated by innovation, and a relentless doer
- Fluent in English or French (any other language is a plus)
More information about the job
- The job is located in Nice. We think that it is important that all members of a squad work together in the same place
- You would start as soon as you are available
- Compensation will be based on your profile and experience
If your profile meets our expectations, we will first organize a quick call to get to know each other.
Then you will be offered to have an on-site interview, to get a chance to meet a few of your future colleagues. If you can’t make it to one of our offices, don’t worry, you will be given an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and logic on Skype.