Born from an audacious challenge, Qwant is the first search engine to develop a genuine alternative on the European online search market.
What makes us unique is that we don’t track our users, we know nothing about each of them, and still, we aim to help them find what they are looking for on the Internet.
Ambitious, isn’t it?
Today, after a successful fundraising, we are looking for new talents to help us make the Web.
If you want your work to actually mean something and help millions of users, if you think that privacy matters even when you have “nothing to hide”, if you like to be challenged and you are not afraid of failure, then we might have a few things in common.
Within a human-sized cross-skills agile squad, operating as a mini-startup within Qwant, you will work as a Java/J2EE Software Engineer.
You will be expected to:
- Analyze the needs, prototype and specify new features
- Design proportionate software architecture to respond to those needs
- Implement and set up relevant software solutions, sometimes with strong time and memory constraints
- Design beautiful, robust, reusable, and efficient industrial software that scales
- Make sure that every piece of code you write is properly tested and documented
- Work close to the sea and mountains, under the sun of the French Riviera
Of course, you will always be able to count on the help of your fellow mates.
Expected skills and experience
- Fluent in Java 8, with a successful experience of building reliable software in a Java/J2EE environment
- Good knowledge of Design Patterns, UML, and industrial software development good practices
- Experience with Spring is mandatory, any other Java framework is a plus
- Experience in undertaking complex industrial projects involving performance constraints and concurrent programming
- Data architecture and data modeling skills
- Basic understanding of Web architectures, principles and languages is a plus
- Experience with Hadoop or ElasticSearch is a plus
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of SQL/NoSQL principles and DBMS is a plus
- Ability to KISS (Keep It Short and Simple)
- Team player with a positive mindset
- Fluent in English or French (any other language is a plus)
More information about the job
- The job is located in Nice. We think that it is important that all members of a squad work together in the same place
- You would start as soon as you are available
- Compensation will be based on your profile and experience
If your profile meets our expectations, we will first organize a quick call to get to know each other.
Then you will be offered to have an on-site interview, to get a chance to meet a few of your future colleagues. If you can’t make it to one of our offices, don’t worry, you will be given an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and logic on Skype.