Born from an audacious challenge, Qwant is the first search engine to develop a genuine alternative on the European online search market.
What makes us unique is that we don’t track our users, we know nothing about each of them, and still, we aim to help them find what they are looking for on the Internet.
Ambitious, isn’t it?
Today, after a successful fundraising, we are looking for new talents to help us make the Web.
If you want your work to actually mean something and help millions of users, if you think that privacy matters even when you have “nothing to hide”, if you like to be challenged and you are not afraid of failure, then we might have a few things in common.
As IT Operation Manager you will lead and grow our global Operations team. You are data driven, and have an eye for detail. You supervise continuous improvement, and have a track record of delivering large and significant projects in past roles.
You will be expected to:
- Ensure 24×7 incident response, Incident Root Cause Analysis & Post-Mortems
- Be able to build and maintain an architecture based on micro-services
- Participate in design reviews
- Partner with Security team to enforce security policies
- Define key operational metrics, develop reporting infrastructure and cadence, set targets and continuously improve.
- Working close to the sea and mountains, under the sun of the French Riviera
Of course, you will always be able to count on the help of your fellow mates.
Expected skills and experience
- A successful experience in IT Operations or engineering team
- Strong experience with infrastructure as code, configuration management, and continuous delivery technologies
- Demonstrated financial acumen, ability to set and manage to a budget
- Ability to KISS (Keep It Short and Simple)
- Team player with a positive mindset
- Fluent in English or French (any other language is a plus)
More information about the job
- The job is located in Nice. We think that it is important that all members of a squad work together in the same place
- You would start as soon as you are available
- Compensation will be based on your profile and experience
If your profile meets our expectations, we will first organize a quick call to get to know each other.
Then you will be offered to have an on-site interview, to get a chance to meet a few of your future colleagues. If you can’t make it to one of our offices, don’t worry, you will be given an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and logic on Skype.