Born from an audacious challenge, Qwant is the first search engine to develop a genuine alternative on the European online search market.
What makes us unique is that we don’t track our users, we know nothing about each of them, and still, we aim to help them find what they are looking for on the Internet.
Ambitious, isn’t it?
Today, after a successful fundraising, we are looking for new talents to help us make the Web.
If you want your work to actually mean something and help millions of users, if you think that privacy matters even when you have “nothing to hide”, if you like to be challenged and you are not afraid of failure, then we might have a few things in common.
Within a human-sized cross-skills agile squad, operating as a mini-startup inside Qwant, you will work as a Full-stack Web Developer.
You will be expected to:
- Design, build and deliver Web applications
- Participate in definition and roadmap design of all new product features and functionalities for users
- Use development best practices that promote scalable high quality software
- Contribute to scoping and estimating discussions, working with Product Manager
- Work close to the sea and mountains, under the sun of the French Riviera
- 3+ years of web development experience
- Team spirit, open to give and receive feedback in agile environment
- Fluent in English or French (any other language is a plus)
- Must be proactive and organized
- Proven engineering skills (code versioning, unit tests, review)
- Passionate about development and new technologies
- Experience in developing APIs using PHP lightweight frameworks (Laravel / Lumen, Silex, Slim, …)
- Knows one or more additional SPA frameworks/components: ReactJS, AngularJS, VueJS
- Good knowledge of Web UX
- Practical knowledge of: Git, SASS, BEM, Grunt/Gulp
More information about the job
- The job is located in Nice. We think that it is important for all members of a squad to work together in the same place
- You would start as soon as you are available
- Compensation will be based on your profile and experience
If your profile meets our expectations, we will first organize a quick call to get to know each other.
Then you will be offered to have an on-site interview, to get a chance to meet a few of your future colleagues. If you can’t make it to one of our offices, don’t worry, you will be given an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and logic on Skype.