Born from an audacious challenge, Qwant is the first genuine European search engine.
What makes us unique is that we don’t track users, we know nothing about each of them, and still, we aim to help them find what they are looking for on the Internet.
Based on the idea that kids also have access to the Internet, we have created Qwant Junior, the only search engine for children. We eliminate inappropriate content and bring forward educational and safe resources so that kids can discover, learn and have fun in a safer digital world.
Ambitious, isn’t it?
Today, we are looking for new talents to help us bring Qwant Junior to the next level and make it the default entry point on the Internet for kids and teens.
If you think kids have access to the Internet no matter what, and it is our responsibility to offer them tools for a more protecting and nurturing environment, then you most probably need to consider joining us.
If you want your work to actually mean something and make a difference, if you think that privacy matters even when you have “nothing to hide”, if you like to be challenged and you are not afraid of failure, then we might have a few things in common.
Within a human-sized cross-skills agile squad, operating as a mini-startup inside Qwant, you will work as Front-end Engineer.
You will be expected to:
- Build and maintain the Qwant Junior front end applications and their new features, both for the Web and mobile platforms.
- Design and implement frontend tech architecture
- Design beautiful, robust, reusable, and efficient software
Of course, you will always be able to count on the help of your fellow mates.
Expected skills and experience
- A successful experience in the web industry
- Comfortable with SASS, Grunt and GIT
- Experience with component-based applications
- Willingness to learn and use new technos
- Ability to KISS (Keep It Short and Simple)
- Team player with a positive mindset
- Fluent in English or French (any other language is a plus)
More information about the job
The job is located in Paris. We think that it is important for all members of a squad to work together in the same place
You would start as soon as you are available
Compensation will be based on your profile and experience
If your profile meets our expectations, we will first organize a quick call to get to know each other.
Then you will be offered to have an on-site interview, to get a chance to meet a few of your future colleagues. If you can’t make it to one of our offices, don’t worry, you will be given an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and logic on Skype.
Team Qwant – Paris