Born from an audacious challenge, Qwant is the first search engine to develop a genuine alternative on the European online search market.
We want to give our users the best services and aim to build some more such as Qwant Maps, Qwant Mail, Qwant Music and Qwant Junior.
What makes us unique is that we don’t track our users, we know nothing about each of them, and still, we aim to help them find what they are looking for on the Internet.
Ambitious, isn’t it?
Today, we are looking for new talents to help us overcome our upcoming challenges in Europe.
If you want your work to actually mean something and help millions of users, if you think that privacy matters even when you have “nothing to hide”, if you like to be challenged and you are not afraid of failure, then we might have a few things in common.
Between operational and development teams, you will work as a DevOps Engineer.
You will be expected to:
- Manage approaches and tooling for automated build, delivery and release of software
- Manage approaches and tooling for continuous integration and quality assurance
- Design beautiful, robust, reusable, and efficient software that scale
- Work close to the sea and mountains, under the sun of the French Riviera
Of course, you will always be able to count on the help of your fellow mates.
Expected skills and experience
- Experience with achieving speed, scale, and consistency by automating infrastructure
- Excellent knowledge of UNIX/Linux environments and container engine (eg: Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge of any CI framework (Gitlab CI, Jenkins, Travis)
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills
- Ability to KISS (Keep It Short and Simple)
- Team player with a positive mindset
- Fluent in English or French (any other language is a plus)
More information about the job
- The job is located in Nice
- You would start as soon as you are available
- Compensation will be based on your profile and experience
If your profile meets our expectations, we will first organize a quick call to get to know each other.
Then you will be offered to have an on-site interview, to get a chance to meet a few of your future colleagues. If you can’t make it to one of our offices, don’t worry, you will be given an opportunity to demonstrate your skills and logic on Skype (or other video-call app).